Thursday, October 07, 2010

When it rains, it pours!

So the baby and the 3 year old have been battling coughs. I took them to the doc a week ago monday. Visit was uneventful, except that the 3 year old had ear infections in both ears. No other symptoms... no ear pain. The doctor turned to me and asked, a little surprised if he had given any indication of pain or discomfort. My reply was when the lightbulb went on "OH THAT'S why he's been such a cranky whiny pain in my butt." That went over like a lead balloon, but my mom snickered. Priceless.

So in the car on the way home from the appointment, I call back to the backseat and asked "Hon does your head hurt?" the answer very sweetly "no" Me: "Does your ears hurt?" him: "no" Me: Does your neck or throat hurt?" him: "no mama"

The next thing he said nearly made my mom pull over to laugh her ass off. This little voice in the back seat pipes up with: "My hea awe bedder, my eaws awe bedder, my net awe bedder! Mama I awe BEDDER!" The smile on his face was infectious. And we laughed heartily, but always turning to him and saying "That's really good sweetie"

All I can say, is here we are, over a week later, kids are getting better, but due to the rain, and lack of sleep, I'm sitting here with a sinus infection. Bleh. He still hasn't said his ears hurt.

I'm not awe bedder yet. But if he hugs me and tells me I'm boodepull again, I'll melt, and it will be all worth it.

No comments: