Sunday mornings around here are typical, kids jumping around in my bed till I will myself out of it. Cartoons in their room with the sounds of their gleeful laughter and play, the smell of freshly brewed coffee, the anticipation of something delectable with the creak of the plastic pastry box. This time of year is especially my favorite. I love Autumn. The air smells different, feels different, it's breezier, crisper, the sun shine has moved a bit to the far side of the house with the tilt of the earth. The stores are already stocked up for the holidays, and the commercials are bombarding their viewers with the latest, greatest sale. I personally enjoy the promise of roasted this and baked that and the delicious smells of love that emanate from my kitchen. I love cooking with the windows open while the breeze blows through and steals the tantalizing scent of whatever exotic or traditional dish I'm cooking. The timing suits me fine too, things have settled down to a manageable pace finally. The buzz and hubbub of summer is done and it was a great summer too.
I've got a lot to plan for the year ahead as I'm prepping to get my 4 year old enrolled for kindergarten and get the baby in a day care for a couple days a week. I still have Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah and Yule to prepare and budget for. I've got my husband's special Over-the-Hill/All Hallows Eve party to plan and just daily stuff to schedule too. In this house we celebrate as much as we can. Life should always be a celebration, especially since we had gotten so used to it being full of stress and angst. I already have gift lists to write and edit.The 4-year old has been asking for "A Thomas Toy Box, with track and a round house" THAT set runs nearly $300.00, bless his little soul, he's still young enough to love what I get him regardless, but I am thankful I've taught him early about kids who have nothing. So donating his old toys to make room for new ones is perfectly acceptable to him, thank GOODNESS!
I'm all about tradition and staring new ones. Creating memories. If I don't get holiday cards out, I don't panic. I may sound organised, but as long as we're doing ok week to week, I don't stress about much else. LOL! Tomorrow starts a new week, yesterday the new month. Time to get ourselves and this home in tip top shape!
I love this time of year. Now for some coffee, well... like the post title suggests, a little coffee. :)
Tweet
No comments:
Post a Comment